Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Christmas! Let's Be Glad!

Holiday season is here in Jordan! It's weird to be almost two weeks away from Christmas and there are still no decorations in stores and on houses. But it is also refreshing. For the first time I'm not bombarded with stores telling me everything that is missing from my life. The space allows more room for remembering the true meaning of Christmas. Over the past few weeks we have been preparing the school for Christmas by decorating classrooms and putting up Christmas trees. A few days ago I spent the evening decorating our family's tree with my host brother. Although it was different then decorating at home, it was a great time and I'm glad I could share that experience with him. Here's the final product:


Christmas also often includes baking. The school is holding a Christmas bazaar tomorrow and my boss asked us to bake cookies to sell. 7 kilos of cookies to be exact. Over two days, and about 16 hours, Samira and I baked. A lot. The result? Approximately 715 cookies. Now that's a ton of baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment