Thursday, August 12, 2010

traveling with the world on my back.

That is how I feel right now: that I'm traveling with the world, or at least my world, on my back. With the amazing help of my parents and Ben (thank you, thank you, thank you!) I have managed to sort through my belongings, figure out what I want to bring with me, and I have somehow managed to fit it into two bags. Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) suggested we only bring one bag. Oops.

I tried. Really. But between moving overseas to a place with both hot and cold temperatures and me being a perpetual "over-packer" I found myself bringing two bags, not one. I hope there are other SALT participants with two bags....

So here I am, sitting in 30th Street Station in Philly with my bags. And writing to you....whoever is reading this.

I just spent a few fun filled days with my good friend Catherine in Washington D.C. It was actually a great way to make the transition from Chicago, and all the very hard, vary sad good-byes, to Akron, PA for orientation. I will post some pictures from D.C. soon....with some good stories too :)

Also, at a later post I will give you all a little background as to what exactly I'm going to be doing this year....and how the Lord has brought me to this point.

I must run. My train is leaving soon. I miss you all already!


1 comment:

  1. Trish! I'm glad you're starting the blogging already! And I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of others with two bags. Or at least I would if I were there. Haha, I'm impressed that you were able to consolidate down to two!

    ReplyDelete