Day two of orientation is almost finished and I feel as if I have been here at MCC for way longer than two days. I can't believe it was only yesterday that I sad goodbyes to Catherine in a very very rainy D.C. It started raining right before we left for Union Station and by the time I boarded my train....over an hour late...the rain had finished. Oh well...starting this journey very very wet is just the first of many challenges, right?
Here are some pictures of my time in D.C. It was great to see Catherine, reminisce about old times [Spring Break '03 Whooooohoooo :) ] and have some wonderful alone time exploring the amazing historical sights of our country's capital. Oh...and the best thing I've ever experienced: The Drum Circle near Columbia Heights in Northwest D.C. According to travel websites, this weekly event has been going on for nearly half a century. It is a very diverse group of drummers, acrobats, and dancers all hanging out from 8am to dusk. Not only that....but the park this takes places in is sprawling with picnickers, yogaers (I don't think that's the correct term...) and hippies. Catherine had heard there was a huge hippie community in D.C. and I'm so thankful that the day she finally discovered this I was able to discover it with her. Seriously. Best thing EVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment