After living in Jordan for almost two months, I still don't like the taste of olives. So, what is a person who hates olives, but lives in a country that includes olives in almost every meal and who literally has olive trees growing around her house supposed? The method I've figured out is this:
1. Never buy olives.
2. When offered olives, decline the offer. Or at least try to decline. On offer #4 I have to give in.
3. Take ONE olive, place it into my mouth, possibly rolled up in some bread or perhaps dipped in some hummus.
4. Begin to chew very quickly and swallow.
5. Try not to make any grossed out faces to avoid offending the host.
Fun fact of the day: the only difference between green olives and black olives is ripeness. Unripe olives are green, whereas fully ripe olives are black.
Want to learn more about olives? Check it out!
Hi, Trish! Talked to your dad over the festival weekend. Please be sure to keep us on your mailing list for updates: ccinwheaton@yahoo.com. Great to read through your blogs!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
CCiW