On the website you'll find a ton of information and stories about our school...things that I probably have not mentioned here in blog-world. As my grandma pointed out, I have talked very little about my work in the school. Hopefully, the website will help you gain an insight into the kiddos I get to hang out with everyday.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
School Website
Along with working in English classrooms, a huge part of my job here at Arab Episcopal School is office/administrative/fundraising work. I spend about half of my day in the office assisting my boss with whatever is needed. Sometimes this is taking photos of students and school activities. Sometimes this work is applying for grants and funding. Sometimes it includes corresponding with English speaking supporters and friends of the school. A huge part of my job this year, especially during the first semester, was creating the school website. Along with my German flatmate/fellow volunteer Samira, and a genius Jordanian man, we spent many hours learning how to design a website. Although I would by no means call myself an expert, it was very interesting learning about all the little details that come with presenting our school to the world wide web. Feel free to check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment